Audi Midtown Dealership, Toronto, ON
- Audi midtown, located in Toronto's new hot spot for high end car dealerships (just off Highways 401 and 404), is a stunning newly built dealership. The building itself is impressive with see through sheeting surrounding the outside of the building, and a multi-level indoor showroom featuring a ramp to drive the new cars to the main level.
The dealership wanted to provide their customers with a high level customer experience using pleasing background music (BGM to make their customers feel at home.
This project was a new building allowing for easy cable runs and installation.
- TOA's Wide Dispersion Ceiling Speakers were a perfect choice for Audi Midtown. These speakers provide crisp, sound throughout the building. The key feature of this speaker is that they provide clear, well-balanced sound reproduction over a wide listening area - therefore less speakers are required. Theses speakers were painted silver to blend into the interior design of the building making them not only sound great, but creating visually pleasing sight lines as well. The facility is home to 65 of these speakers on all levels, in all areas. The system is powered by TOA's A-9000 Series Digital Matrix Mixer/Amplifiers and P-9060DH Power Amplifiers. The ZM-9014 Remote Button and Volume Control Module controls the BGM zones throughout the building.
- "We are impressed with TOA's products and the background music that they provide. The look and sound of the product fits in with the atmosphere and customer experience we created for Audi Midtown." stated the General Manager of Audi Midtown.
- Products Used:
- A-9020DHM2: Digital Matrix Mixer/Amplifier
- P-9060DH: Power Amplifier
- ZM-9014: Assignable Remote Button Panel with Volume Control
- F-2322C: Wide Dispersion Ceiling Speakers
Aviation Reproductions Inc., Mississauga, ONThe flexibility of TOA’s product allowed for a design of a communications system that would allow the existing 6 ohm transformerless cabin speakers to power the speakers in the handsets, driven with a line-level signal, using TOA’s M-9000 Series Mixer/Matrix.
Read full Installation Overview
Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, ONThe Canadian War Museum in Ottawa, Ontario is a major national museum of military history, covering Canada's military past from earliest times to the present day. The Public Address System at the museum features TOA's F Series - Ceiling Speakers, PJ Series - Wide Range Projection Speakers, BS-1030W - Music and Paging Speakers, IP Series - Dual Channel Amplifiers, VM-2000 Series - System Management Amplifier, M-900MK2 Mixer Preamplifier, and TOA's P-900 Series Power Amplifiers.
Fort Calgary Preservation Society, Calgary, AB
- Fort Calgary is a historical rebuild of the original fort on the original site. Program sources at this facility include TOA's multiple frequency wirless microphone system used in theatre applications.
Hidden Valley Motrosports Park, Drumheller, ABHidden Valley Motorsports Park does not have a fixed P.A. System. They hire a local installer to provide sound reinforcement at the track throughout the summer months supporting 6-8 events each year. The installer travels to each event with a portable P.A. System, which includes TOA’s HX-5 Variable Dispersion Angle Speakers supported with the FB-120 Subwoofers. At a venue like this one, creativity has to be paramount to make the P.A. system a success. The track and fans are impressed with the sound clarity and intelligibility of the P.A. system at such a loud venue.
Read the full Installation Overview
Iron Ore Company of Canada, Labrador City, Newfoundland
Iron Ore Company of Canada upgraded their paging system in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador to improve staff safety. The system had to have intelligible sound to convey important information throughout the facility, including safety messages, instructions and tones.
Some of the challenges with this project included; many rooms in different buildings, various sized rooms, many different purposes for the many rooms within the facility, different noise levels in different areas and buildings, including areas where hearing protection is required. Humidity was also a factor.
TOA’s SC-630T – Paging Horns, are ideal for voice and tone signalling distribution, are weather-resistant for tough environments, such as the mining industry, and have intelligible sound.
Jean Coutu Group, Varennes, QC
The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc. is the leading Drugstore Chain in Québec, New Brunswick and Ontario. They provide high quality products for health, beauty and hygiene in efficient and friendly environments. The franchise has over 400 stores and employs more than 20,000 people. In 2014, they broke ground on a new 883,000 square feet (50% larger than their original facility in Longueil) distribution center and head office, which is now home to an intelligible communications system.
Distribution centers are incredibly noisy and reverberant environments. Jean Coutu's warehouse is no exception. The corporation needed to meet SPL (sound pressure levels) and control reverberation so that paging communications could be heard intelligibly.
Siscom worked with TOA Canada Corporation to meet the requirements of Jean Coutu Group which included a combination of Paging Horn Speakers and Ceiling Speakers. TOA's SC-630T is a compact, highly intelligible speaker known for providing clear and intelligible public address announcements. The Paging Horn speakers are certified to IP65 standards for dust and water protection. The F-2352SC 2-way wide dispersion ceiling speakers are ideal for office areas or smaller areas where well-balanced sound can be heard uniformly at any location. The head end of the project includes TOA's 9000 Series Modular Digital Matrix Mixer/Amplifier. This Amplifier provides zone paging and DSP. The speakers are driven by TOA's DA Series Power Amplifiers.
Kleysen Transport Boardroom, Winnipeg, MB
- Kleysen Transports boardroom needed to be equipped to facilitate meetings both within the building and to their satellite offices and other business associates. Kleysen Transport relies on TOA's reliable product lines for the audio processing in their boardroom.
Kramer Auction Sales Ltd., North Battleford, SKTOA’s HX-5B-WP Variable Angle Speakers were chosen by Pippin Technical to meet the requirements of the auction house. TOA’s HX-5 Series speakers were chosen because they had a predictable ‘level before feedback’, are very robust weather-resistant speakers that can operate outside in low and high temperatures.
Read full Installation Overview
L’Accueil Colombien, Winnipeg, MBL’Accueil Colombien, a Seniors Residence in the Saint Boniface district of Winnipeg, believes that their residents should enjoy their entertainment and free time, and has provided the residents with an AV system, that sounds great and functions well. The entertainment room at this residence has very high ceilings and is a larger open concept room. Providing high quality sound for the residents was very important to L’Accueil Colombien.
The entertainment room has activities running all day long. The AV system encompasses a cable TV receiver so the residents can enjoy viewing sporting events including the Olympics and curling. During the day, the L’Accueil Colombien plays a French radio station through the audio system. Three nights a week, the residents at L’Accueil Colombien enjoy their Wii fitness nights so much that there is often a long line up to register to play games including boxing, bowling and golf.
This spirited and lively group of residents enjoys the sounds that are played through two HX-5W (Variable Angle Speakers) clusters, complimented with a subwoofer (FB-120W). The entertainment system makes their days more enjoyable and fun.
Read the full Installation Overview
Man Cave, Brantford, ON
- Multi-millionaire car collector designed and built a luxury garage, nicknamed the Man Cave, to showcase his collectible cars and to entertain friends. Loving to entertain, this garage contains a cigar room, trophy room, and an entertainment/bar area overlooking the 20,000 square foot collection of cars and motorcycles, where you will find a dynamic TOA sound system.
To provide exceptional sound while entertaining friends and family, or while the owner enjoys his car collection.
The building is 20,000 square feet in size and is made of metal, with high sloped ceilings, and porcelain floors, making its biggest challenge reverberation.
- TOA Canada designed a sound system that would minimize reverberation while rocking the "man cave". To create an impact with sound, TOA's SR-C Line Array Speakers and subwoofers were hung from the ceiling in an array facing the bar area. All processing is done via TOA amplifiers, including M-9000M2 Pre-Amplifier (with modules), DA Series Multi-Channel Digital Amplifier and the DP-SP3 Digital Speaker Processor. Line Array speakers are ideal for controlling reverberation and keeping the sound crystal clear.
- The client is impressed by the power and clear sound produced by TOA's sound system, especially the Line Array Speakers. "We kept turning up the volume, playing AC/DC, and the sound absolutely rocked."
- Products Used:
- SR-C Series Line Array Speakers and subwoofers
- M-9000M2: 9000M2 Series Pre-Amplifier + Modules
- DP-SP3 Digital Speaker Processor
- DA Series Multi-channel Digital Amplifier
|Ultra Luxury Man Cave houses one man's multi-million dollar car collection - by Wheels.ca|
|Man Cave Designed by Homes by JoJo (check out the line arrays in the photos)|
NFTC Flight Training, Moose Jaw, SK
- NATO Flying Training in Canada (NTFC), a division of Bombardier, is located in Moose Jaw, SK. It's mandate is to train flight personnel for participating NATO countries. NFTC relies on TOA audio processing.
SNOLAB, Sudbury, ON
SNOLAB is an underground science lab specializing in neutrino and dark matter physics. It is located 2km below the surface in the Vale Creighton Mine. When setting up this facility, life safety was a crucial part of the planning. In an emergency, SNOLAB needs to be able to effectively and intelligibly communicate with their employees throughout the lab. They need to be able to warn of danger, provide emergency and general communications.
The challenge with this facility is it's environmental conditions. Because of the nature of their work and the facility is located in a mine, they deal with issues such as heat, dust, dirt, reflective surfaces and clean rooms. SNOLAB required communications equipment that would work in tough environments and clean rooms.
TOA Canada Corporation provided SNOLAB with a design recommendation, which included a combination of Wide Range Horn Speakers and Paging Horn Speakers. These speakers are certified to IP65 standards for dust and water protection. The CS-304 Wide Range Horn Speaker is easy to clean while delivering full range reproduction. This horn is also water resistant and can stand up to the harsh environment within SNOLAB. The head end of the project includes TOA's 9000 Series Modular Digital Matrix Mixer/Amplifier. This Amplifier provides zone paging and DSP. The speakers are driven by TOA's DA Series Power Amplifiers.
SNOLAB feels confident that they can maintain their high standards of safety and communications throughout SNOLAB by relying on TOA's products.
TOA Conference Microphones: More Productive Meetings
Are your conferences suffering from confidentiality issues, sudden muting, hard-to-hear conferences or translation issues? TOA’s high quality conference audio systems boast clear sound, compact sizes and simple set-ups for large, medium and small conference rooms. TOA has a solution that supports smooth, hassle-free conferencing.
A boardroom and conference facility meant for critical and confidential meetings might include TOA’s TS-800/900 Infrared Conference System. The TS-800/900 Conference System is a wireless, portable system that relies on infrared technology, which does not transmit outside of the conference room, preventing eavesdropping, allowing for a confidential wireless meeting. Additionally, the TS-900 microphones come with voting functions so numerous decisions can be made quickly during the meeting. Simultaneous translation is also available on the TS-900. The newest feature of the TS-800/900 Infrared Conference System is the user friendly, interactive software that provides control of the system from the desktop. This system is compatible with Crestron and AMX so that the conference microphone system can be managed with a touch screen. Compliment TOA’s TS-800/900 Infrared Conference System with proper room acoustics by including TOA’s popular F-122C Series Ceiling Speakers, the M-9000M2 Modular Digital Matrix Mixer and DA-250FH Power Amplifier, plus any required wired or wireless microphones for audience participation. (Note: Smaller and wired conference solutions are also available with TOA’s TS-770 Conference System).
Related categoriesConference System